Things to do at the College Park Criterium – Sunday, May 3rd
We’re throwing a Bayou Block Party for USA CRITS Series Speed Week Finals, and the whole neighborhood is invited—that means you! We know it‘s officially Cinco de Mayo, but it’s all about the Bayou in College Park. Bring your neighbors and your kids and your neighbors’ kids and come on outside, y’all! The ATL Airport District is bringing all the crawdads and fixins to the Southside for a big ol’ boil. Take to the streets of Downtown College Park for fresh crawfish, Cajun staples, tacos (it’s still Cinco, we’re not monsters), Arches Mexican Empire and other brews, sangria, music, games for all ages, and of course bikes. Fast ones. The best part? This event is FREE to attend!
Crawfish Boil Deets:
If you’ve never been to a low country boil, you’re in for an experience! (The rest of you already know how much delicious fun is coming your way.) Commune with old friends and make new ones as you stand elbow to elbow around huge tables heaped with heavenly amounts of crawfish, sausage, potatoes, and corn. Your ticket gets you two sessions at the table and two tasty Arches brews, so don’t gorge yourself the first time around. You’ll choose a pair of time slots from the list below when you pick up your tickets on the day—and the slots will be filled on a first come, first served basis that day, so please plan ahead for when you want to get in on the action.
Information coming soon.
Information coming soon.
- Beer and crawfish tickets can be purchased with debit/credit cards only
- Arches brews will include Southside Lager and Mexican Empire, plus some other foamy treats TBD.
- Bring your lawn chairs and tents. We’ll have plenty of space—but it is first come, first served, so come down early for the best spots. Everybody get in where you fit in, all over the parking lot or down by the police station. (See the map for details.)
- We’ll have food trucks available for non-bayou-lovin’ folks, including pizza and tacos (happy Cinco!).
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- Free outdoor games will include giant Jenga and giant Connect 4, cornhole, and others.
- Peruse our small Pop-Up Art Market with 10–15 local artists.
- We’ll have a DJ and live acoustic performances (more details to follow).
Rules of the Day:
- NO CONTAINERS OR OUTSIDE ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. *
- Have fun, relax, share in the experience, and enjoy the day with friends – new & old.
- Drinking allowed in designated open container area only.
*Water, soda, and snacks are okay, but remember to visit our local vendors too.
Bring the kiddos out to be part of the action and start their racing career off right. Just before the pro-woman head to the line, we’ll kick off the evening races with two show-stopping events for the next generation of racers: 1) those who have been riding a good bit and 2) those who are just starting out. It’s all for fun, but pride and participation ribbons could get the best of your youngins. 🙂 Schedule: 3:30 Rider (parent) meeting to get things organized 4:00 Rider call ups (or children round up) Race 1: One lap blast: Children who’ve been riding and feel confident to complete one lap of the approximately 1/2 mile course. Race 2: Straightaway Sprint: Tykes with trikes, training wheels, and striders line up for a mad dash from one loving parent on the starting line to the other parent (or loved one) on the finish line. The more the merrier and the faster they tend to go. Don’t forget their helmets!
What you need to know
- ALL WEEKEND BIKE VALET!!! Ride to the event and check your bike for free. We’ll keep it safe while you explore the festivities.
- Please, no outside food or alcoholic beverages within the event area.
- Parking info, road closures, and additional day-of information can be found in our parking section.