Get a Lil’ Cinco on the Cuatro
There’s no wrong time for tacos and margaritas.However, our muy oficial research shows that there are five optimal conditions required for maximum taco-and-cerveza-based-gratification:
- It needs to be a Saturday; On the weekend of Cinco de Mayo;
- Out-of-doors with other fun-loving partygoers of all ages;
- With mechanical bull riding, of course;
- At the Hapeville Criterium, amidst full-tilt bike races and La Fiesta del Cinco.
And we’ve figured out how to make it all happen. Come see for yourself at this FREE event on Saturday, May 4th in downtown Hapeville.
- La Fiesta del Cinco 11:00-5:00
- Kids races: 4:00
- Pro Women: 4:30
- Pro Men: 5:30
Right alongside the Criterium, Hapeville’s Cinco de Mayo festival will be going on from 11 a.m.–5 p.m. at Jess Lucas Park (680 S. Central Ave, Hapeville, GA 30354).
- Mariachi Amigoz de Taylor Fuentes: 12 p.m.–2 p.m.
- Conjunto Alazzan performing 2:30 p.m.–4:30 p.m.
- Mechanical bull rides: 11 a.m.–5 p.m. (Free!)
- Children’s inflatables: 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. (Free!)
Food & Alcohol
Sombreros Mexican Cantina
Bring the kiddos out to be part of the action and start their racing career off right. Just before the pro-woman head to the line, we’ll kick off the evening races with two show-stopping events for the next generation of racers: 1) those who have been riding a good bit and 2) those who are just starting out. It’s all for fun, but pride and participation ribbons could get the best of your youngins. 🙂 Schedule: 3:30 Rider (parent) meeting to get things organized 4:00 Rider call ups (or children round up) Race 1: One lap blast: Children who’ve been riding and feel confident to complete one lap of the approximately 1/2 mile course. Race 2: Straightaway Sprint: Tykes with trikes, training wheels, and striders line up for a mad dash from one loving parent on the starting line to the other parent (or loved one) on the finish line. The more the merrier and the faster they tend to go. Don’t forget their helmets
What you need to know
- ALL WEEKEND BIKE VALET!!! Ride to the event and check your bike for free. We’ll keep it safe while you explore the festivities.
- Please, no outside food or alcoholic beverages within the event area.
- Parking info, road closures, and additional day-of information can be found in our parking section.