WE’RE BLOWING THINGS OUT FOR THE CONCLUSION TO SPEED WEEK.
Sunday, April 30, 2023 marks the Speed Week Finals and our famous Bayou Block Party!
DON’T FORGET THE FEAST!
We’re looking forward to a beautiful day in College Park. The racing is the main attraction, but there’s much more to every Spin event, including food trucks, artists’ markets, music, games, and more. You don’t need to be a cycling fan to come out and hang. The crawfish can’t tell the difference.
Did we mention there will be crawfish?
CRAWFISH IS ON, Y’ALL. And this year, you don’t have to share. We’re doing personal portions! $20 gets you a pound and a half of our delectable mix of crawfish, potatoes, sausage and corn on the cob from noon to 6 p.m. while supplies last. We’ll have your lil’ freshwater lobsters ready to go whenever you walk up, so there are no reservations required (or indeed accepted) to chow down under the big tent. Just remember: when they’re gone, they’re gone.
The best part? This event is FREE to attend!
DATE: Sunday, April 30, 2023
RACE EVENTS: 9:00AM – 6:00PM (Pro-Women 3:30PM, Pro-Men 5:00)
FREE KIDS’ RACES: 3:00PM (Parents Meeting at 2:30. See information below for full details)
BLOCK PARTY: 12:00PM – 6:00PM (Artist Market, Food Trucks, Music & Games)
CRAWFISH BOIL: 12:00PM – 6:00PM
EVENT ADDRESS: 3720 College St, College Park, GA 30337 (map)
Time for the kids to get in on the action. Just before the pro women head to the line, we’ll kick off the evening’s races with two show-stopping events for the next generation of speed demons: 1) kids with experience on two wheels and 2) those just starting out on striders and trikes. It’s all for fun, but don’t underestimate the pull of pride and participation ribbons.
2:30 Parent meeting (where we get things organized)
3:00 They race.
Don’t forget the helmets!
Race 1: Hill Sprint: Children who are confident on their two-wheeled steeds will compete starting up the hill, around the corner to the finish.
Race 2: Straightaway Sprint: Tykes with trikes, training wheels, and striders line up for a mad dash from one loving guardian on the starting line to the other on the finish line. (Yes, this event requires two adults per kiddo.) The more competitors on the track, the faster the kids tend to push as the race heats up, so this one has the potential to be just as exciting as the bigger races!
What you need to know
- ALL WEEKEND BIKE VALET!!! Ride to the event and check your bike for free. We’ll keep it safe while you explore the festivities.
- Food and beer will be available.
- Bring your lawn chairs and tents. We’ll have plenty of space—but it is first come, first served, so come down early for the best spots. Everybody get in where you fit in, all over the parking lot or down by the police station. (See the map for details.)
- Don’t forget the sunscreen!
- We’ll have music and free outdoor games for all ages.
- Drinking allowed in designated open container area only.
- NO CONTAINERS OR OUTSIDE ALCOHOL OF ANY KIND ALLOWED. (Water, soda, and snacks are okay, but please support our local vendors, too.)
- Have fun, relax, share in the experience, and enjoy the day with friends new and& old.
- Parking info, road closures, and additional day-of information can be found in our parking section.